Full payment of class fee guarantees your registration.
You may register:
In person with cash, check or credit card.
Via the website with a credit card.
By phone with a credit card.
Via email - we will send you an invoice via PayPal. You will be registered once payment is received.
Please register early, as most class sizes are limited to 8 students per class.
Class fees do not include supplies, patterns or books, or materials, unless otherwise noted. A kit fee may be required.
A class supply list will be emailed to you, if registering by phone, email or on the website.
1. NO refunds will be given for cancellations made 7 days or less prior to the start date of class. Cancellations made 8 or more days prior to the start date of class will be given in-store credit for the full amount less a $5.00 cancellation fee.
2. Refunds will not be given to "no-shows".
3. If WE cancel a class at any time or for any reason, a full refund will be given.
1. Please come prepared with all of the materials and supplies on your class supply list. Please, no substitutions for the listed supplies, to guarantee optimal results in the outcome of your finished product. Supplies that we carry in the shop (while supplies last) are denoted with ***. For supplies that we do not carry, please plan accordingly.
2. Please -- no perfumes, or smoking immediately before or during classes, due to the allergies of others.
3. For classes more than 4 hours in length, please bring a sack lunch (or feel free to run over to "Screamers" next door, which serves hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, etc).
| 102C: Machine Applique / Prairie Flowers Table Runner|
Learn Martha's no-fuss, archival method for machine applique, which achieves the look and feel of hand applique. For students who have some applique experience. You will use Martha's "Strippy Vine" fabric, designed for Henry Glass Fabrics, as your guide to position applique pieces and a graceful serpentine vine. Pattern provided. Kit required.
Cost: $ 50.00
| 103C: Beginning Hand Applique - Holiday Hearts|
Introduction to hand applique including how to achieve the perfect invisible applique stitch. Fabric selection, needle and thread choices, marking tools and template materials will be discussed. Students will have hands-on instruction for three different preparation methods for the applique pieces, as well as how to make bias stems. Students will make one block. Pattern is provided for the block. A pattern for the entire Holiday Hearts quilt may be found in Martha's book, Be Merry: Quilts and Projects for your Holiday Home.
Cost: $ 50.00
| 201A: Faded Blooms Punch Needle|
Participants will be making my new punch needle pattern, "Faded Blooms Punch Needle". We will cover the following: different methods to transfer designs onto your foundation cloth, how to thread the needle, the punchneedle embroidery techniques, and different ways to archivally finish and display your finished piece.
Kit required: Kit fee is $33.00 which includes the pattern, and all of the fabric and floss to complete your punch needle embroidery
Cost: $ 30.00
| 201B: Wool Applique - Blessings Penny Rug|
Learn everything you need to know about wool appliqué, including the properties of wool, how to felt and dye wool, preparing shapes, marking on wool (such as lettering), threads and the basic embroidery stitches to complete this project and beyond. Kit available, if desired: $36.00, which includes the pattern, wool and backing fabric to complete the penny rug.
Cost: $ 50.00
| 301A: Giant String Star|
Martha will teach you string piecing on a large scale. If you are new to set-in squares and triangles, this class will be a great introduction to the technique. Use pre-cut jelly roll strips or cut strips from your stash. Add borders to your large block to make the quilt fit any size be, or make a large wall hanging. Students can expect to complete half of the star block by the end of class.
Cost: $ 50.00