Full payment of class fee guarantees your registration.
You may register:
In person with cash, check or credit card.
Via the website with a credit card.
By phone with a credit card.
Via email - we will send you an invoice via PayPal. You will be registered once payment is received.
Please register early, as most class sizes are limited to 8 students per class.
Class fees do not include supplies, patterns or books, or materials, unless otherwise noted. A kit fee may be required.
A class supply list will be emailed to you, if registering by phone, email or on the website.
1. NO refunds will be given for cancellations made 7 days or less prior to the start date of class. Cancellations made 8 or more days prior to the start date of class will be given in-store credit for the full amount less a $5.00 cancellation fee.
2. Refunds will not be given to "no-shows".
3. If WE cancel a class at any time or for any reason, a full refund will be given.
1. Please come prepared with all of the materials and supplies on your class supply list. Please, no substitutions for the listed supplies, to guarantee optimal results in the outcome of your finished product. Supplies that we carry in the shop (while supplies last) are denoted with ***. For supplies that we do not carry, please plan accordingly.
2. Please -- no perfumes, or smoking immediately before or during classes, due to the allergies of others.
3. For classes more than 4 hours in length, please bring a sack lunch (or feel free to run over to "Screamers" next door, which serves hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, etc).
| 101B: Hand Quilting|
Learn the basics of hand quilting, including quilt top preparation, basting, marking techniques and the products that will aid in the perfecting of the quilting stitch. Students will practice on a small "quilt sandwich".
Cost: $ 25.00
| 102C: Machine Applique / Prairie Flowers Table Runner|
Learn Martha's no-fuss, archival method for machine applique, which achieves the look and feel of hand applique. For students who have some applique experience. You will use Martha's "Strippy Vine" fabric, designed for Henry Glass Fabrics, as your guide to position applique pieces and a graceful serpentine vine. Pattern provided. Kit required.
Cost: $ 40.00
| 103A: Beginning Hand Applique / Antique Hearts|
Introduction to hand applique including how to achieve a perfect invisible applique stitch. Fabric selection, needle and thread choices, marking tools and template materials will be discussed. Students will have hands-on instruction for three different preparation methods for the applique pieces. Students will make one block. A pattern for the entire Antique Hearts quilt can be found in the book Be Merry: Quilts and Projects for Your Holiday Home by Martha Walker.
Cost: $ 40.00
| 103B: Applique Techniques / Free Spirits|
This class is for the student who has some beginning applique experience and wants to learn more. You will learn an easy applique placement method, tips for preparing intricate applique shapes, my technique for making skinny stems (1/8" or less), two different methods for making bias vines, and perfect circles for tiny berries. This is a fast paced, technique oriented class, with the focus on expert results in your applique.
Cost: $ 40.00
| 104A: Machine Piecing / Blissfully Blue Quilt|
Be the first to make my new pattern, Blissfully Blue, a 26" x 32" mini quilt, soon to be published! Tips for small scale piecing, and how to foundation piece the sawtooth border, will be covered. Cutting the pieces ahead of time will assure a lot of progress in this full day class.
Cost: $ 40.00
| 201A: Faded Blooms Punch Needle|
Participants will be making my new punch needle pattern, "Faded Blooms Punch Needle". We will cover the following: different methods to transfer designs onto your foundation cloth, how to thread the needle, the punchneedle embroidery techniques, and different ways to archivally finish and display your finished piece.
Pattern: provided Kit: required
Cost: $ 30.00